Chief Master Sergeant Joseph A. Cincotta is the Command Chief of the 105th Airlift Wing, Stewart Air National Guard Base (ANGB), Newburgh, New York. He serves as the wing’s senior enlisted leader and is the principle advisor to the wing commander on matters impacting the health, morale, welfare, readiness, professional development, and effective utilization of the enlisted force.
Chief Cincotta enlisted in the Air Force on March 11, 1986. After four years on active duty, Chief Cincotta joined the Arizona Air National Guard’s 161st Air Refueling Wing in 1990 where he served as an Aircraft Mechanic. In 1992, he transferred to the New York Air National Guard at Stewart ANGB, Newburgh, NY. He continued his Aircraft Mechanic career until 2001 when he transferred to the Operations Group as a C-5A Flight Engineer, eventually becoming an instructor/evaluator.Following the wing’s 2011 conversion to the C-17A Globemaster III, Chief Cincotta cross-trained into the Loadmaster career field, once again becoming an instructor/evaluator.
Chief Cincotta has accumulated over 5300 total flight hours. He has flown missions in support of Operations DESERT STORM II, IRAQI FREEDOM, ENDURING
FREEDOM, NEW DAWN, UNIFIED ASSISTANCE, RESOLUTE SUPPORT, FREEDOM’S SENTINEL and INHERENT RESOLVE. Prior to his current assignment, Chief Cincotta was the Senior Enlisted Leader of the 105th Operations Group.
1992 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, by distance learning
2001 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by distance learning
2007 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell Air Force Base (AFB), Ala., by distance learning
2010 Cum laude, Bachelor of Science, Professional Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Fla.
2013 Associate of Applied Science, Air Operations, Community College of the Air Force
2019 Chief Master Sergeant Orientation Course, Andrews AFB, Md.
1. August 1986 – January 1990, Aircraft Mechanic, Williams Air Force Base (AFB), Ariz.
2. January 1990 – April 1992, Aircraft Mechanic, Sky Harbor Intl. Airport, Ariz.
3. May 1992 – January 2001, Aircraft Mechanic, 105th Airlift Wing, Stewart Air National Guard Base (ANGB), N.Y.
4. February 2001 – March 2001, Basic Flight Engineer Course, Altus AFB, Okla.
5. April 2001- September 2001, C-5 Flight Engineer Initial Qualification Course, Altus AFB, Okla.
6. September 2001- June 2011, C-5 Flight Engineer, 105th Airlift Wing, Stewart ANGB, N.Y.
7. June 2001- July 2001, Basic Loadmaster Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
8. August 2011- October 2011, C-17 Loadmaster Initial Qualification Course, Altus AFB, Okla.
9. October 2001- October 2014, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, Training Office, Stewart ANGB, N.Y.
10. October 2014 – March 2018, Flight Chief, 137th Airlift Squadron, Stewart ANGB, N.Y.
11. March 2018 – November 2020, Loadmaster Superintendent, 137th Airlift Squadron, Stewart ANGB, N.Y.
12. November 2020 – February 2022, Senior Enlisted Leader, 105th Operations Group, Stewart ANGB, N.Y.
13. March 2022—Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 105th Airlift Wing, Stewart ANGB, N.Y.
Rating: Chief Enlisted Aircrew
Flight hours: more than 5,300, including 1,084 combat / combat support hours
Aircraft flown: C-5A/B and C-17A
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Accommodation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
2001 Distinguished Graduate, Basic Flight Engineer Course
2001 Distinguished Graduate, C-5 Flight Engineer Initial Qualification
2011 Distinguished Graduate, C-17 Loadmaster Initial Qualification
2016 105th Operations Group SNCO of the year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Senior Airman 11 March 1989
Staff Sergeant 20 July 1993
Technical Sergeant 16 May 2000
Master Sergeant 14 Nov. 2003
Senior Master Sergeant 1 April 2010
Chief Master Sergeant 1 March 2018
(Current as of March 2022)