Colonel Jeffrey L. Hedges is the Vice Commander, 105th Airlift Wing, Stewart Air National Guard Base (ANGB), New York. In this role, he assists in the development of strategic airlift priorities to integrate National Guard Bureau and Air Force initiatives. His responsibilities
include oversight of readiness, mobility, and training, along with deployment of assets and personnel in support of federal and domestic operations, interagency coordination, and COCOM force provider requirements.
Colonel Hedges oversees all personnel actions including coordination with State Program Partners, Civil Support Teams, Counter Drug Task Force, Joint Task Force Empire Shield, and domestic response operations. Colonel Hedges earned his commission as a direct appointment in 1998 after completing a Bachelor of Science from Indiana State University and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Illinois. He has served as
the Executive Officer for both the 109th Airlift Wing and Joint Task Force Support Forces Antarctica, where he reported to the Thirteenth Air Force Commander for Operation DEEP FREEZE.
Colonel Hedges commanded the 109th Logistics Readiness Squadron and deployed as the 405th Expeditionary Logistics Readiness Squadron commander
in support of operation ENDURING FREEDOM. He has served as a Judge Advocate for the NORAD/NORTHCOM Air Operations Center and as an active
duty Judge Advocate specializing in criminal and employment law. He also served as Commander, 109th Mission Support Group, Stratton ANGB, New York. Prior to his current position, Colonel Hedges was the Director of Staff-Air, with duties as Chief of Staff, Joint Force Headquarters, New York, where he served as principle advisor to the Commander, New York Air National Guard on matters pertaining to the state’s five Wings, and Eastern Air Defense Sector.
1993 Bachelor of Science, Aviation Administration, Indiana State University, Terre Haute
1998 Juris Doctorate, University of Illinois School of Law, Urbana-Champaign
2002 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base (AFB), Ala.
2007 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2009 DoD Executive Leadership Development Program, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
2011 Leadership Tech Valley Civic Course, Albany, N.Y.
2013 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2017 Joint and Combined Warfighting School-Hybrid, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2018 National Security Studies Management Course, Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
1. November 1998 – April 2001, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, 325th Fighter Wing, Tyndall Air Force Base (AFB), Fla.
2. May 2001 – November 2003, Chief of Military Justice, 341st Space Wing, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
3. November 2003 – November 2005, Inactive Status, Headquarters Air Force Personnel Center, Colo.
4. November 2005 – January 2006, Deputy Staff Judge Advocate, 125th Fighter Wing, Jacksonville International Airport, Fla.
5. January 2006 – January 2007, Judge Advocate, Southeast Air Defense Sector, Tyndall AFB, Fla. 6. January 2007 – August 2010, Executive Protocol Officer, Joint Task Force-Support Forces Antarctica, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
7. August 2010 – February 2012, Executive Officer, 109th Airlift Wing, Stratton Air National Guard Base (ANGB), N.Y.
8. March 2012 – July 2014, Commander, 109th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Stratton ANGB, N.Y. (July 2013 – January 2014, Commander, 405th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Thumrait Air Base, Oman)
9. July 2014 – January 2017, Commander, 109th Mission Support Group, Stratton ANGB, N.Y.
10. February 2017 – April 2019, Director of Staff, New York Air National Guard, Joint Force Headquarters, N.Y.
11. May 2019 – Present, Vice Commander, 105th Airlift Wing, Stewart ANGB, N.Y.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
First Lieutenant May 17, 1997
Captain May 17, 1999
Major Oct. 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 10, 2011
Colonel July 27, 2015
(Current as of March 2021)